| Our company has a long and distinguished history, with scientific personnel of ample experience not only on the technological applications of DNA Identification, but also in important aspects of Molecular Biology and DNA chemistry, including but not limited to DNA synthesis, label chemistry, modified backbone DNA analogs and others; all these aspects allow us to offer a reliable and thorough service.
- Dr. Robert Benjamin, obtained his PhD from Harvard University (Boston, Massachusetts) in Molecular Biology and did his postdoc at Johns Hopkins(Baltimore Maryland). He is currently a Professor at the University of North Texas, Denton Texas. Dr Benjamin is a pioneer in DNA research and was one of the first expert witness to testify in DNA matters in Texas courts. Currently he conducts research in badly damaged bone samples and is an authority in the field of Human and Animal Identification by DNA.
- Dr. John Kenesek, obtained his PhD from Washington State University
( Pullman,Washington State). He is currently a Biology Professor at Texas
Woman’s University (Denton,Texas).Dr Knesek is a Molecular Biology expert,
with emphasis in Virology and have published in areas such us plant biology, cloning, expression, among others. Dr. Knesek was member of the Virology Department at MD Anderson Cancer Research Center, Houston, Texas for over 12 years.
- Dr. Rita Chen, obtained her PhD from the University of Southern California , Los Angeles, California; she did research in Monoclonal Antibodies (ie: Tumor Necrosis Factor) .She was director of the HLA Lab at Wadley Institute of Molecular Medicine, Dallas,Texas and is currently Associate Director of our Human Identification Laboratory .
- Dr. Miguel Castro, obtained his PhD from the University of North Texas, Denton,Texas; el Dr Castro was member of the scientific team that cloned, expressed and commercialized hEPO( human erythropoietin) during his tenure at the biotechnology company Amgen (Thousand Oaks ,California) in 1983 . Dr. Castro is one of our founders and currently the CEO at Bio-Synthesis
- Dr. Anwu Zhou, obtained his Ph.D from Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry; Shanghai,China. He is an expert in Molecular Biology with emphasis in Proteomics and Microarrays. Dr Zhou was Director of the Microarray Laboratory at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas and is currently Director of our Microarray Department.
- Dr. Dante Marciani, obtained his PhD from the University of Colorado, Boulder,Colorado. He was Biology Professor at San Marcos University, Lima, Peru; he was scientific investigator for over 15 years at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Marciani was also founder and Scientific Director of several successful Biotechnology companies, among them Bethesda Research Labs ,Bethesda,Maryland (what is now Invitrogen) and Cambridge Biosciences, Boston, Massachusetts ( the first firm that commercialized HIV detection kits in 1,988. Dr Marciani has a long, successful and distinguished career. Furthermore he is a world authority in saponin/adjuvant biomedical research and a dedicated scientist.
- Dr. Jianhua Ye, obtained his PhD from Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica,Shanghai,China. Dr.Ye was group leader of a team of organic chemists at the Biochemistry Department, Southwestern Medical School, Dallas,Texas. She has developed third generation DNA analogs, which are important in biological research in a variety of areas that encompass from PCR to siRNA. She is currently Director of our Organic Synthesis department.